Acxiom’s Dr. Sachiko Scheuing and DMA UK’s Chris Combemale re-elected as co-chairs of FEDMA
17 June 2020 – The Federation of European Direct and Interactive Marketing (FEDMA) announced its newly elected leadership team today. Mr. Chris Combemale, CEO of the DMA UK, and Dr. Sachiko Scheuing, European Privacy Officer at Acxiom, have been elected as co-chair of FEDMA. Combemale was elected to his second term as co-chair and Dr. Scheuing was elected to her third term as co-chair. They will both continue leading the organisation through the ongoing evolution of the data and marketing industry. FEDMA’s leadership team will ensure continuity and stability in the development of FEDMA’s core projects from the development of a GDPR code of conduct to the work towards a balanced legislative environment.
Mr. Combemale opened his new term as Co-Chair by saying: “In an unprecedented time when the COVID outbreak has had huge impact on our economy, the data and marketing industry is essential to a vibrant European business recovery. Privacy, data protection, innovation and customer trust are the key pillars of growth in a modern economy.”
Dr. Scheuing said: “Our industry sector mostly consists of European SMEs that help businesses promote their products and services efficiently, leveraging marketing intelligence fuelled by data. It is important to remind us that with powerful technology comes great responsibility. FEDMA’s mission is to ensure the industry operates with an ethical code. We continue to advocate for the right legislative balance between privacy and innovation. We bring together policy makers, legislators and regulators to share the views and ensure the optimum balance is struck, enabling Europe to remain at the heart of the global data-driven economy.”
In addition to the appointment of the co-Chairs, FEDMA members also elected new Board members:
- Axel Tandberg, CEO and Founder at Tandberg & Partners AB, and Chair of the FEDMA’s Legal Affairs Committee, has also been elected Treasurer for the organisation
- Mr Emanuel Brandis, Managing Partner by W1 OMNICHANNEL MARKETING, and Board member of DMVÖ
- Mr Didier Farge, CEO Conexance – Wunderman Thompson Data and President of the Strategic Committee of the SNCD (DMA France)
- Joachim Fauth, Legal Director at Reader’s Digest Verlag Das Beste GmbH and Vice Chair of the FEDMA’s Legal Affairs Committee
- Annette Meijer, Vice-President European Affairs, Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Martin Nitsche, Founder and Managing Partner at Solveta GmbH and President of the Deutscher Dialogmarketing Verband e. V.
- Fabrizio Vigo, Co-founder and CEO of SevenData, and Vice-Chair of DMA Italia
Dr. Scheuing and Mr. Combemale also thanked all the previous Board members for their efforts and hard work through a significant period of change for the industry. In particular, they thanked departing treasurer Ivan Vandermeersch for his support and long-term commitments towards FEDMA for over 10 years.
For further information contact FEDMA:
Mathilde Fiquet – Director General T: 0032 478 609 223 E: firstname.lastname@example.org