We are looking for an Advocacy Assistant to work in the Brussels office (to start as soon as possible). The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting FEDMA’s efforts.
Main responsibilities around 2 key areas (but are not restricted to):
- Support the Head of Policy in FEDMA’s public affairs (50%) to
- Monitor, analyse, and report on relevant policy developments at EU level, and identify opportunities for FEDMA to influence these developments
- Attend events of the EU Institutions and other relevant events
- Interact with private sector organizations with similar goals at EU level.
- Respond to substantive and routine inquiries from members of the Association and the public.
- Support the Communication & Commercial Director (50%)
- Support the implementation of FEDMA’s communication strategy
- Co-manage FEDMA’s communication channels: website, social media, newsletter, and other channels as necessary
- Manage relationships with academic institutions to grow the PEEAC education initiative
- Help with organizing FEDMA’s annual event, its annual DMA Day and other various events throughout the year
- Support the acquisition of prospects
- Support in conducting occasional research/studies
- Overall help in developing the DMA network in 21 countries across Europe
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated young professional who meets the following profile:
- Confirmed interest in issues relating to data protection, data economy and/or the data and marketing industry;
- Practical knowledge of the functioning of the European Institutions and their decision-making processes;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent written and oral English;
- Ability to work independently. He/she should be able to take lead on his/her project and is expected to have a creative, problem-solving mind;
- Knowledge and capacity to manage the organisation’s social media platforms;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Friendly and proactive personality.
- Academic and/or professional background in Law and/or Political Science with a focus on Data Protection and/or Data Economy
- Experience in a policy or advocacy position
- Knowledge of the data-driven marketing industry and digital advertising industry;
- Commercial experience in a membership organisation.
What we are offering
FEDMA commits itself to ensuring that the successful candidate has a rewarding time while working for FEDMA, with ample learning opportunities and exposure to industry leaders.
We offer a permanent full-time contract to a young professional with approximately one year of professional experience in policy, advocacy, and/or marketing (including past internships). Candidates with less work experience, but with a relevant academic background in these topics are also invited to apply.
FEDMA will offer a competitive package of salary and benefits (pension scheme, DKV insurance, lunch vouchers, 30 days holiday) and a positive work environment.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic 3-people team dedicated to achieving the right balance between innovation and data protection in Europe. They will report directly to the Head of Policy and Communication and Commercial Director, as well as FEDMA’s Co-Chairs.
All applicants must have a permit to work in Belgium.
How and when to apply?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 November. In your motivation letter, please include what added value you think you can bring to FEDMA based on your previous professional/academic experiences and sharing concrete examples.
We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. For more information, visit www.fedma.org.
Equality and diversity
FEDMA is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organisation and to Equal Opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit.
The Federation of European Data and Marketing (FEDMA) represents the interests of the data and marketing industry in Brussels. It operates mainly through the participation of its members composed of European DMAs and industry organisations that have an interest in influencing legislation. FEDMA also holds the secretariat of GDMA, the Global Data and Marketing Alliance (GDMA), to support better coordination at global Level.
FEDMA is one of the most respected advocacy organisations in Brussels and is at the heart of a powerful network of 21 national Data and Marketing Associations (DMA). Its strength comes from the participation of representatives from most EU Member States, distilling views into a cohesive set of policies for the European Institutions across the full spectrum of data driven and digital marketing. FEDMA’s primary focus is achieving the correct balance between innovation and privacy, with a particular focus on the application of data protection legislation to customer communication and experience.