Brussels, BELGIUM — The Federation of European Data and Marketing (FEDMA) and 15 other leading trade associations representing startups, SMEs, technology, advertising, and media organisations sent a joint letter to Members of the European Parliament on the Digital Services Act (DSA).
The letter calls on the EU lawmakers to deliver a robust regulatory framework for the EU digital single market in line with the original ambition of the European Commission’s proposal.
Ahead of a crucial vote in the European Parliament’s Internal Market Committee (IMCO), the letter urges MEPs to
- Maintain the horizontal approach of the Digital Services Act.
- Preserve and build on the cornerstones of the e-Commerce Directive.
- Build a workable, balanced, future-proof Regulation, applicable to many different types of services.
- Ensure consistency with the EU’s existing legal framework, such as the General Data Protection Regulation and the Consumer Omnibus Directive.
- Assess personalised advertising to avoid unintended consequences while focusing on the coherent interpretation and enforcement of the GDPR.
Read the letter in full here