FEDMA is the Federation of European Direct and Interactive Marketing and represents the interests of the data and marketing industry in Europe in Brussels. It operates mainly through the participation of 21 European DMAs and significant companies who have an interest in influencing legislation. FEDMA also hold the secretariat of GDMA, the Global Alliance of Data Driven Marketing Associations, to support better coordination between the European and the Global Level.
FEDMA is one of the most respected advocacy organisations in Brussels. Its industry code is the only one approved and endorsed by the Article 29 working party and FEDMA is well advanced in gaining approval of a new GDPR Code of Conduct and Industry Monitoring Body under Articles 40 and 41. The successful candidate will play a critical role in coordinating industry co-regulation nationally across Europe following approval of the Code of conduct.
FEDMA is at the heart of a powerful network of 21 DMAs. Its strength comes from the participation of representatives from most EU Member States, distilling views into a cohesive set of policies for the European Institutions across the full spectrum of data driven and digital marketing. FEDMA’s primary focus is achieving the correct balance between innovation and privacy, with a particular focus on the application of data protection legislation to customer communication and experience. Our expert knowledge of data is across consumer, privacy and competition sectors.
FEDMA sits on the GDPR implementation expert group of the European Commission, regularly participates at expert data workshops and is a member of the AI Alliance. FEDMA Co Chair Dr Sachiko Scheuing received, in 2020, the DataIQ Awards 2020 – The Professor Derek Holder Lifetime Achievement Award for her excellence in data and analytics.
Communication and Commercial Manager
FEDMA is offering a permanent full time contract to a young professional with approximately 5 years professional experience, with experience or degree in communication, media, marketing, commercial development and membership relations topics.
The Communications and Commercial Manager at FEDMA will lead all of FEDMA’s communications with members and external stakeholders including website management, email, social media and events. Following a recent decision of the General Assembly, the Communication and Commercial manager will have the opportunity to work on the development of a new identity and strategy for the organisation.
Additionally, you will be responsible for all commercial relationships with members and prospects including negotiating fees and collecting payments. You will be the contact point for FEDMA’s network of 21 national associations, and as such will be key to ensure the upstream and downstream flow of information, thus contributing to the success of our industry’s policy strategies and engagement. Finally, you will be responsible for the management of GDMA, ensuring the coordinated work of both organisations.
The Communications and Commercial Manager will join a dynamic team dedicated to achieving the right balance between innovation and data protection in Europe. They will report directly to the Co-Chairs and will be supported by a Policy Officer and will work alongside FEDMA Director.
Main functions include but are not restricted to:
- Developing and implementing FEDMA’s new identity and communication strategy
- Managing FEDMA communication channels. Ensuring up to date communication tools, including FEDMA website, social media, presentation, email marketing, and other channels as necessary.
- Fostering the DMA network in 21 countries across Europe
- Managing GDMA, including the organization of 2 annual meetings and ensuring coordination between FEDMA and GDMA
- Promoting FEDMA and its public affairs work to members, prospects and stakeholders.
- Increasing FEDMA membership in cooperation with DMA network through retention and acquisition of members
- Organising events such as the annual parliamentary event (in cooperation with policy team) and DMA Days which bring together DMA members of FEDMA twice a year.
- Managing relationships with academic institutions to grow the PEEAC education initiative
- Support to public affairs team especially to develop communication strategy and disseminate key policy messages
FEDMA team commits itself to ensuring that the successful candidate has a rewarding time while working for FEDMA, with plenty of learning opportunities and exposure to industry leaders. FEDMA will offer a competitive package of salary and benefits (e.g. pension scheme, 25 days holiday)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated professional with approximately 5 years of relevant professional experience, who meets the following profile:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge and capacity to manage the organisation’s social media platforms;
- Knowledge in graphic design tools; strong IT skills required;
- Excellent written and oral English;
- Commercial experience in a membership organisation is an asset;
- Excellent ability to work independently. He/she should be able to take lead on his/her project and is expected to have creative, problem-solving mind;
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Confirmed interest in issues relating to the data and marketing industry;
- Knowledge of the data-driven marketing industry and digital advertising industry would be an asset;
- Friendly and proactive personality.
How and when to apply?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com at the latest by the 9th November.
We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible in 2021. For more information, see www.fedma.org.