In the GDPR era, how industry actions and the right EU digital policies can support consumer trust and innovation.
Join FEDMA and MEP Jeroen Lenaers for a special event at the European Parliament on 18th of November to discuss consumer trust, industry self-regulation and the future of EU digital legislation.
- DATE: 18 November 2019
- TIME: 18:30 – 20:30 (followed by a cocktail)
- VENUE: European Parliament, Brussels, Room JAN 6Q1
The event will kickoff with Caroline Wren, Managing Partner at MTM presenting a study on Consumer Research – How EU citizens perceive digital advertising since GDPR.
Two panels will focus on industry self-regulatory tools to sustain user’s trust and the challenges in developing future balanced digital policies:
Panel I: ‘Industry actions to foster user’s trust’
Industry codes of conduct, as well as other industry initiatives, are rapidly proving to be significant self-regulatory tools that sustain users’ trust and adequate levels of data protection in line with the GDPR principles. In this context, highlighting FEDMA’s code of conduct to demonstrate the value of co-regulatory and self-regulatory models as relevant solutions to (I) put users in control and (II) complement future principle-based legislations.
- Ian Lowe, VP Marketing, Crownpeak
- Diego Naranjo, Head of policy, European Digital Rights (EDRi)
- Chris Combemale, CEO, DMA
Panel II: ‘Designing sustainable digital policies for the future’
While understanding the global impact of the GDPR, and the development of the EU leadership on data protection and privacy as a standard-setter of the global data economy, this panel will look at the challenges in developing a balanced and sustainable legal frameworks for the digital world, ensuring the right balance between consumer protection and competitive EU data-driven economy.
- Peter Eberl, Deputy Head of Unit, Electronic Communications Policy, European Commission
- François Lhemery, Vice President Regulatory Affairs, Criteo
- Maria Ioannidou, Senior Lecturer in Competition Law, Commissioner rapporteur at the Greek competition authority
- Mark Kaline, Senior Vice President, ANA
Jeroen Lenaers MEP will sum-up the evening’s discussions and there will be cocktails and networking opportunities for attendees.
Speakers of the event to be announced soon.