Article 6(1) GDPR sets out the conditions that must be satisfied for the processing of personal data to be lawful. These are:
- Consent of the data subject;
- Necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps preparatory to such a contract;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- Necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person where the data subject is incapable of giving consent;
- Necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests.
Please visit: https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-2/